Join IMS Global as an Affiliate Member
Joining IMS Global as an Affiliate member provides access to a community for developers and end-users to collaborate on tools, techniques, and trials of distributed learning products and delivery systems. The individuals and organizations play a key role in providing feedback to IMS and the Technical Advisory Board.
IMS Affiliates provide value by joining key activities of IMS, contributing to the evolution of the IMS community, and sharing best practices in learning technology innovation.
Who Should Join as an Affiliate:
- If you are a product or service company implementing or using IMS specifications, you are strongly encouraged to join IMS to indicate your support for open specifications development.IMS provides its members the tools and support to implement specifications more productively and effectively, and will update you directly on any changes or improvements.
- Affiliate membership is also for those who use education technology to deliver teaching and learning: educational institutions, school districts, and corporations. Membership is for those who are interested in accelerating the development and adoption of open standards so that digital training and education is always improving.
Affiliate Non-Technical Benefits
- Access to quarterly meetings, roundtables and Task Forces. Higher Ed and K-12 institutions can also participate in the , and meetings of Institutional Leadership Networks. The majority of these meetings are not available to the public. In these meetings, IMS members provide guidance on the effective implementation of the IMS specifications, new innovations in the learning industry, and the state of open specifications for learning.
- Receive the monthly IMS Member Dispatch to keep up to speed on the latest IMS news, workgroup activities, and upcoming meetings.
- Application fee for the annual Learning Impact Award competition is waived.
- Ability to attend IMS Quarterly Meetings.
- Discounted registration for IMS's annual Learning Impact conference.
- Identification on the IMS web site
- Ability to use relevant IMS trademarked terms on your web site and marketing materials in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Timely notifications of new releases, Learning Impact articles, and specification updates delivered via email.
Affiliate Implementation and Adoption Benefits
- Preferred early access to draft specifications.
- Access to development tools not available to the public, such ar reference implementation, Apache 2 Open Source licenses, UML diagram and EXI files as released by the technical project groups.
- Access to IMS Alliance resources and conformance certification tests for most IMS Standards*.
- Ability to obtain IMS Conformance Certification for all IMS standards.
- Apply the IMS Conformance Certification Trademark and Registration Number to Specific Product(s) to promote valid certifications.
- Ability to participate in the TrustEd Apps Program.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums and the IMS Support Portal.
- Ability to participate in the IMS LTI Developer's Assistance Program
- Access to an Affiliates Forum for discussion with peers
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums
- All benefits available to CASE Network Participants, including the ability to implement the CASE standard and get certified as a CASE Network Consumer. Details can be accessed on the member website at https://www.imsglobal.org/competencies-and-academic-standards-exchange-conformance-certification.
- Access to Premium CASE Network Services that include use of the GUID Translator to match the text of a given standard framework with the correct identifiers (GUID) found in the CASE Network and add those identifiers to their database. Contact email@example.com for more information or to arrange a demonstration of the GUID Translator.
- Special offers from CASE Network Preferred Partners, email notifications and updates related to the CASE Network, and online support to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with certified products.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||Affiliate|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||>$1 billion||45,500|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||University State System||$15,000|
|University State System Office||$3,500|
|Community College System||$5,000|
|Community College System Office||$2,500|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||$3,000|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.