Sharebar?

LIS Public Draft Issues List

Post Issues on the LIS Public Draft
ColinSmythe's picture

Hi All,

Please use this topic to post issues identified in the LIS Public Draft.

These issues will then form part of the work programme undertaken by the project Group as we move towards Final Release.

When posting an issue, please clearly identify which document(s) are relevant.

Colin S.

Consider breaking LIS BDE wsdl into two files

Hi All,

We've been writing some java code to implement the Bulk Data Exchanger. All is going well so far :-)

One thing that we've noticed is that the in effect one needs to write two server components. There is a traditional server component which receives messsages from traditional clients; there is also a server component on the client (which receives announcements).

The wsdl file contains all of the messages for both server components, which is unhelpful as we're having to provide implementations for some messages that will never be received.

Could the wsdl be broken into two parts?

One part would detail the interface to the server that is making the bulk data available (i.e. the server that clients send Report messages to).

The other part would detail the interface on the client that is listening for announce requests.

Cheers
Phil

In the process of reviewing LIS for use at CalState as part of the Digital Marketplace Project. I was working my way through the documentation at http://www.imsglobal.org/lis/index.html and noted that there was no link to the Best Practice and Implementation Guide. This is a bit ironic given the number of references to this document as the starting place to understand LIS. I also assume that, since it's been a full year since the Draft Specification was released, that the document exists. Can it be added to the public page?

- Mark
ColinSmythe's picture

Mark,

The Best practices doc is not yet available. We are still writing it and revising it.
It has been delayed because we have substantially reworked the Core Profiles doc which will be re-issued shortly.

Colin S.

Any update on the arrival of the Best Practises Doc?
ColinSmythe's picture

Rob,

Still working on it I'm afraid. Look for t at the end of May 2011.

Colin S.